Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Fun

Hayden has a fantastic imagination so I decided to use it to my advantage this Christmas. First of all on Christmas Eve, we went out and sprinkled "magic reindeer food" on the front lawn. A friend of mine gave me this idea. You just take some oats and glitter and mix it together. When Hayden saw the bag, he just thought I had bought it at Wal-Mart since that's where we buy everything. We were covered in glitter when we finished since the wind was blowing but it was fun. Then we set out a bowl of water on the front porch for the reindeer. We then came in the house and set out food for Santa. Hayden decided on Cheez-its and milk. He then thought that Santa needed a toy to take with him so he set out one of his new cars from one of the gifts I gave him. Hayden can be so giving. :)
As we were getting ready for bed, Hayden started worrying that Santa didn't know exactly what he wanted for Christmas. I tried to convince him that it was ok but he was really upset about it. One of my wonderful guy friends helped me out by calling Hayden and pretended to be Santa. Hayden had a nervous giggle at first because he couldn't believe that he was actually talking to Santa. After he hung up, Hayden said that it "freaked him out" that Santa called. It was too cute. He then went to bed with no worries.
As most kids on Christmas morning, Hayden woke up super early and got right out of bed. He was very excited about all of the gifts - especially since he got a bike too and he didn't even tell Santa that he wanted one. I let him know that I'm sure Santa heard all of those times when he tried to convince me to buy him one. He then said that "Santa is so sweet!"
After we checked out the gifts, I wanted to make sure that Hayden still understood the real reason for Christmas. I asked him whose birthday it was and he quickly said "Jesus!" He started to sing Happy Birthday. He then asked me if Jesus was coming over too like Santa did. I had to laugh at this one. I then got to explain again how that Jesus is always with us.
This was probably one of our funnest Christmases due to Hayden's imagination. We had a ball and still have one party left - my family Christmas on Sat. Then we can clean up the Christmas decorations and prepare for New Years.
I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: