God has blessed Hayden and I in many ways - one of which is financially. I have a great job with great pay. Hayden has never want for anything. I've made it my goal to show him at an early age what it means to give to those less fortunate - especially at Christmas. At work the Pantex Christmas Project has trees up with names of kids that could use some presents for Christmas. It's just like the Angel Tree that the Salvation Army does. I decided to choose a girl Hayden's age so that he could relate but yet not be tempted to want what we bought. We went to Wal-Mart in search of the perfect gifts last night. We had so much fun. Hayden was a true sport and kept finding things that he thought we should buy her. We bought clothes, socks, panties, pajamas, shoes, toys, and candy. I just wanted Hayden to see that it is fun to buy for others. I never get to buy for a girl so that made it fun too. It was important to him to know her name so he kept saying it to show that he was paying attention. He was ready for us to take her the presents last night so it was hard to explain how that actually works. He was just so excited that we were helping a little girl have a good Christmas. We talked about how excited she will be to get her presents and that it was almost as if we were being Santa. He then went a whole different direction describing how that would happen. I love hearing his creative imagination.
It was so heartwarming to do this and it is the beginning of a great tradition. We are so blessed!!
Captain Davus' 58th Birthday Dinner
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment